Christian Samson, PLLC
Kirby S. Christian
Kirby is a fourth-generation Montana native and since the early 1980s has been actively involved in the Montana business community. Since 1989 when he helped launch the firm, he has successfully developed and promoted its thriving real estate practice in Western Montana.
Kirby focuses his work on commercial real estate, contract, corporate and banking law, with particular emphasis on helping his clients develop business interests and land use development projects. His experience in planning and permitting – along with his understanding of regulatory and financial issues – enables him to steer his clients through every stage of the real estate and business development processes. He places a high value on investing in long-term relationships with his clients, guiding them through the complex legal issues that impact land use and development. He also prioritizes maintaining strong relationships with government agencies and other resources within the community – knowledge and resources that allow him to effectively help his clients meet their business goals. Clients include financial institutions, resort and real estate development companies, title companies, entrepreneurs, and small to midsize businesses.
Kirby has undertaken numerous leadership roles, serving on the University of Montana Dean’s Advisory Board from 2005-2011, and founding the Discovery Foundation and the Christian Family Foundation, both of which engage in philanthropic endeavors providing funds to charities and qualified projects.
- Real Estate Transactions
- Land Use Planning & Real Estate Development
- Commercial/Corporate Litigation
- Contract Law
- Estates & Probate
- Banking Relations
- University of Montana, B.S., finance, with high honors, 1984
- University of Montana, J.D., with high honors, 1987
Memberships and Associations:
- State Bar of Montana, since 1987
- U.S. District Court, District of Montana
- Western Montana Bar Association
- Montana Trial Lawyers Association
- Western Bank of Billings, director, 1986-1989; vice president and in-house counsel, 1988-1989
- Best Lawyers of America – real estate transaction attorney
Kirby and his wife, Barbara, have three sons, Bridger, Carson and Jordan. He loves sports and has coached numerous basketball and baseball teams. An outdoor enthusiast, Kirby enjoys spending time with his family snow skiing, water skiing, hiking, rafting, golfing and fishing.